Re: Cross compiling .mo files for another platform ?

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 08:11 +0530, rush ta wrote:
> hi...
> I have an app running with Hindi Locale using GTK-i18n ...
> Now i am cross compiling the application for another platform (ARM
> architecture)..
>
> My assumption is that the .mo file will need to be cross compiled for
> that platform too... CAN U CONFIRM ?
> Also how do i cross compile it ?
> When i cross my Glade application.. Its as easy as changing CC, GCC
> variable etc in the makefile .....

msgfmt is what compiles the .po into .mo files.
Unless there is an issue of byte order, I do not think you would need to
recompile the .mo files.
To test, get hold of "msgfmt" (package: gettext-tools) on ARM and
compile a sample .po file. Do the same on your desktop and compare the
two files.

Simos