Re: switching off ligatures?

Behdad Esfahbod schreef:
On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 09:40 -0400, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Hello,

how do you get Pango to switch off using ligatures in latin language?

I have a user that gets weird ligatures when using a particular TTF windows font in lilypond. (The ft in "heeft" looks like a @ or similar)

I suspect that this is a non-opentype TTF font (without GSUB table?). I think the easiest fix is to add a switch to disable ligatures. How do I do that? Set a different PangoLanguage for the context?

We don't do any ligature substitution (or any substitution FWIW) with
non-OpenType fonts.  If the font is broken, fix that.  No Pango feature
here.

Thanks. I've got my hands on the TTF file.
Apparently, the GSUB tables contains the correct entry for the ft ligature.

The ligature itself doesn't have the correct unicode name. I presume this is not a problem when displaying on screen, but my PS handling code isn't prepared for the case that glyphs come from outside of the Unicode range.

Werner, how I should I display this glyph in PostScript ?

--
 Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwen xs4all nl - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen