Whitespace at line-wrap spot preserved

Hi,

I'm doing some rendering with a PangoLayout, and it seems that when
wrapping is enabled the space at which wrapping is performed, is still
allocated physical horizontal space (for Latin languages, anyway).
This works okay for PANGO_ALIGN_LEFT layouts, but the empty space
causes a sort of ragged effect with PANGO_ALIGN_RIGHT, and off-center
calculations for PANGO_ALIGN_CENTER.

Is there some simple thing that I'm missing?

Example source is attached which paints the whitespace in a different
color, so that the effect is a little more visible.

Thanks,

--Matt