Re: improvement of font selection
- From: Kenichi Handa <handa m17n org>
- To: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>
- Cc: gtk-i18n-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: improvement of font selection
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:03:25 +0900
Just a short reply to the last part.
In article <Pine LNX 4 58 0603280217470 21196 epoch cs>, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu> writes:
> Well, yes, it's a big pain when people stuff (crappy) glyphs for
> lots of different scripts in a font. The solution is to not use
> (or completely blacklist) FreeSans in the first place.
That's not acceptable because FreeSans/FreeSerif/FreeMono
series are quite good/handy for rendering
Latin/Greek/Cyrillic/Ethiopic/symbols/etc. We can't blame
them for not supporting all scripts.
handa m17n org
] [Thread Prev