Re: Extending pango markup

Hi,

I certainly don't like the way your patch works.  What I like
instead is a way to get/set GMarkup markup-parser and data on
your PangoLayout.  Then you can get the current parser and data,
embed them into your own data, and set your own parser and data
that will fallback to Pango's parser/data for tags it doesn't
like...

This should let you do what you want, but doesn't allow
implementing arbitrary markup parsers, as it doesn't expose the
MarkupData struct (and it really shouldn't.)  Another approach is
to go one step further and make the markup-parser paroperty take
a function with similar signature as pango_parse_markup and data
so you don't even have to use GMarkup (and GMarkup is not in the
Pango API currently.)  But then you cannot do what you currently
want to do.  Something in between should be possible, I'm not
sure.

behdad

--behdad
http://behdad.org/