Re: pango + libtool problem

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> since libtool is not able to do (sysroot'ed) cross-builds,
> I had to write my own implementation.
> (you can get it via:
> cvs://anoncvs nibiru metux de/home/cvs/repositories/unitool/)
>
> I was now able to build the whole chain from glib, atk,
> xorg-mod libs, etc, but pango fails:
>
> Linking of libpangoxft.so fails with a lot of duplicate symbols
> (ie. pango_log2vis_get_embedding_levels() or pango_unichar_direction())
> in libpango-1.0.a/fribidi.o vs. pango/mini-fribidi/fribidi.c
>
> What's fribidi ? And what's mini-fribidi ? Why are they
> conflicting ?

FriBidi is a separate library, but Pango includes a trimmed down
version of its source code in the pango/mini-fribidi directory.
It builds an static libtool library out of it and links it into
libpango.  So, the libpango-1.0.a/fribidi.o is indeed the object
file built from pango/mini-fribidi/fribidi.c.  Seems like you are
trying to link the fribidi.a again.

> Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

No.

> cu

--behdad
http://behdad.org/