Optimization for handheld devices & About Transparency

hi all,

1. i have integrated the PANGO with our own Toolkit like GTK called picowidgets. This Toolkit is used to develope applications for handheld devices. with PANGO, applications which uses "picowidgets" became slower. so is there any optimizations need to be done so that PANGO works efficiantly for hand held devices. I am using "Xftbackend" for Pango and i am using xft_render_layout(); to render pango_layout.

2. How can make Xft to draw Text on transaparent background instead of solid background.In the sense , how can i use masks to render layout on a transparent background?

plaese help me in these regard.

Thanks & regards
Girish

" Faith begins when ability fails..."

Girish A J Associate - Software, Ph: (80) 2361 8184-86 Ext 135
PicoPeta Simputers Pvt Ltd.        Fax: (80) 2361 7568
146 5th Cross, RMV Extension,      email: girish picopeta com
Bangalore - 560 080. Mobile:9845332138 URL http://www.picopeta.com --------------------------------------------------------------------------