FT_Face scaling and pango

Hello,

In the creation of paps (http://paps.sf.net) I have a problem scaling
from the coordinates given by the freetype call FT_Outline_Decompose
to postscript. Currently I had to manually scale the postcript
coordinates by a factor of 1.115 to get an approximately match between
the bitmap scaling created by pango and my postscript outlines. This
factor was found heuristically and I am trying to track down the
origin of it. Is there any explanation available describing the
various coordinate systems used within pango and freetype2, that may
help me?

Thanks,
Dov