Re: Typing Right-To-Left language characters in GtkEntry
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>
- To: Gaurav Jain <gaurav anywhere gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-i18n-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Typing Right-To-Left language characters in GtkEntry
- Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 23:57:11 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Gaurav Jain wrote:
> But I'm stuck at this point where I need an input method to enter the
> arabic characters. Could somebody help?
You need to set up an Arabic keyboard. You can do it either
using GNOME keyboard preferences tool, or using setxkbmap. Red
Hat Linux 9 is a bit too old. Something like this would do it:
setxkbmap -layout us,ar -option grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll
> (I tried using xmodmap to load an arabic keyboard mapping, but then
> nothing happened. I also need to know where I can get arabic fonts
> from, if required).
Look around http://arabeyes.org/ and http://farsiweb.info/ for
> PS: I sent this mail to gtk-app-devel-list gnome org earlier, but I
> realized that probably the correct list is this one.
] [Thread Prev