Re: character by name on the gnome canvas, custom fontencoding

> > What's this?  AFAIK there are no `standard Adobe Unicode character
> > names for PUA codepoints'.  I *strongly* warn against use of glyph
> > names like uniF6FB.  There is absolutely no guarantee that U+F6FB
> > is a free slot.
>
> I believe Adobe uses AFII glyph registry for this, and thus names
> characters like afiiXXXXX.

AFII is dead.  The full set of glyph names (including afiiXXXXX) which
Adobe uses and which aren't derived automatically from Unicode is the
Adobe Glyph List (AGL).  This works fine *except* for the PUA.  I
don't object using glyph names like `afiiXXXXX' which are then
positioned in the PUA -- actually any glyph name which identifies the
glyph unambiguously is fine except the `uniXXXX' form.

    Werner