Re: [gtk-i18n-list] Unicode PUA supporting issue in gtk+/pango

Hi,

> My anxiety is that: if we write a documentation including PUA
> charcode today, and read it after the official inclusion of the
> characters... we cannot search a string without the extra mapping
> table of PUA code and Unicode codepoint. And, we need a switch
I think it can be a feature of a software for the HK users.  It's like,
for example, I have a document with mixed traditional and simplified
Chinese.  When I search for the character U+967D ("Sun" in traditional
Chinese) , I would like to see that U+9633 ("Sun" in simplified Chinese)
is also searched.  The mappings are too complicated and too specific to
be included in a base library.  (Or maybe not?)

olv