How to prevent Right-to-left Menu ordering in Arabic/Hebrew locale

Hi,

Basically my problem is this: I want to be able to run my application
in Hebrew or Arabic locales, but prevent the Menus from switching to
Right-to-left mode, i.e., the File menu shifts to the extreme right,
followed by the Edit menu second from right.. and so on till the Help
menu on the left.

What I want is the normal menu ordering, i.e., from left-to-right,
File, Edit.. etc. and so on till Help menu on the extreme right.

Is there a way for me to tell GTK not to do this automatic switching?

Thanks a lot,
Gaurav