Re: XIM Root vs OverTheSpot and GTK support

Thanks for the feedback from both of you.

The reason I'm using xcin is because my application is extremely memory constrained and it appeared (to me anyway) that xcin and XIM provided a smaller footprint. If either of you think I'm wrong about this, I'll take another look at scim.  I'm building on a 400 MHz MIPS processor with 64 MB of RAM and 32 MB of flash. Because of the limited flash I compress the file systems and then expand them as ram disks which means that all my code AND my file systems must all fit in my 64 MB of RAM. With the internationalization of the code I had to move up to gtk+2 which is already significantly larger than the old gtk+1.2 base that I had been using and I'm getting situations where my application is being killed by the kernel due to lack of memory. So, I'm trying to find the lightest weight solution possible.

Yong, I wonder how hard it would be to hard code a fontset into gtk for th XCreateIC call. Can I just do a hardcoded XCreateFontSet at the appropriate point? I am using wxWidgets on top of GTK in order to provide portability between various operating systems I have to support and it sets up a fontset. I wonder if this might be enough?

Ted