Re: XIM Root vs OverTheSpot and GTK support

2005-04-08 (금), 12:59 -0800, Ted Schroeder 쓰시길:
> I am doing an internationalization effort for our product, the
> MusicPad Pro, and I need to have Chinese input for our Chinese
> localization. I am using xcin for the input and would like to use
> "OverTheSpot" support instead of "Root" support, but from what I can
> tell (I'm using gtk+-2.6.4) there is not support for this input style.

IIRC it is the decision to drop OverTheSpot mode.  Only OnTheSpot and
Root are supported.  And XIM itself is never recommended to use.  I
suggest to use decent (and much better) input methods such as scim.

> In particular, I notice that the ALLOWED_MASK #define in
> gtkimcontextxim.c is set to (XIMPreeditCallbacks | XIMPreeditNothing |
> XIMPreeditNone | XIMStatusCallbacks | XIMStatusNothing |
> XIMStatusNone).
>
> If I just added XIMPreeditPosition, would this work or is there more
> that would need to be done to support the OverTheSpot mode?

Basic functions will work but I expect many glitches around positioning
the preedit area.

--
Changwoo Ryu <cwryu debian org>