Re: Automatic paragraph direction and BiDirection layouts in Gtk+

HI,

I try to send a refined version of my spec next week.  BTW, I
can't see how this can solve the problem of Evolution.  AFAIK the
problem with Evolution is that GtkHTML does not make use of
Pango, so no bidirectional...  The solution is that GtkHTML
should use Pango.  There's a bug on ximian.org's bugzilla for
that.  Otherwise I don't think that spec solves much of the
problem here.

behdad

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Jonathan Ben Avraham wrote:

> Hi Behdad,
> Dov indicated that he thinks that "the implemetation is quite easy". If
> so, and he has some time available to do it, and he can do it in an
> independent workspace and then pass it to you and me for testing, that
> might be a way to move forward fast. I am sure that in the process of
> doing a test implementation the bugs in the spec will become clear and you
> can improve the spec in step with Dov's implementation. My goal is to get
> a test implementation of RTL Evolution up and running quickly, since it is
> the "missing link" right now in the industrial grade Open Source RTL
> desktop. Getting Owen to approve a commit of the changes should be easy
> after we can demo a real product like Evolution.
> Regards,
>
>  - yba

--behdad
  behdad.org