Re: Automatic paragraph direction and BiDirection layouts in Gtk+

Hi Dov,
Thanks for the URL of Behdad's write-up. Indeed it is a fine piece of
specification. BTW, I have joined the gtk-i18n-list, so I should see
Behdad's posts now.

If I understand the write up correctly, the inheritance of the "direction"
attribute allows us to override the Bidi algorithm and heuristic for the
"paragraph_direction" by setting the paragraph_direction to "strong". I
believe that this solves all of the Bidi problems that I currently forsee
in the Evolution Hebrew localization.

The next question is who implements Behdad's spec and when? Do you have
the time to do it? I am talking to two possible sponsors to get some
funding for this, BTW.
Regards,

 - yba