Re: devanagari word processing

Maintaining cc's to individuals, coz. not sure if the list will accept the attached files.

Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

Nagari?  What do you mean?

Oops. Devanagari. Forgot that mere `nagari' refers to an entirely different script.

We run OO 1.1.1 and tried Saraswati (from Sun) and raghu (raghindi).
Neither of them work properly for something simple like "Prashant".

Look at this text. I am not a native speaker of hindi, so not very sure of spelling. Hence trying different spellings of `prashant'.

प्रशान्त्
प्रषान्त्
प्ऱसान्त्
प्ऱ्षान्त्
प्ऱ्शान्त्

Also look at the attached sxw document, and the screen shot. In the screen shot, you have the above text as I was composing this message, and the same text, copy and paste (ctrl c + ctrl v from OOo). The OOo window is on your right. There are differences in rendering; mozilla thunderbird. OOo uses raghindi, OTF. No idea of mozilla thunderbird, used to compose this message.

So??? What does this mean?

For more details, please get in touch with
indlinux-group at no spam lists dot sourceforge dot net

JPEG image