Re: Error in pango build (pangoft2-render.c) - Better looking

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 07:38:56PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 03:08 +0000, Xzziroz wrote:
> > Sorry, that blazemail provider does some funky html rendering.
> >
> > Hey there, on my recent journeys of compiling gaim i've had to update my
> > entire glib/atk/pango/expat librarys. It seems while i'm in the process,
> > pango gave me an error while being built that I believe has something to
> > do with freetype (which I just also installed):
>
> Well, one of two things:
>
>  - Either Pango's configure.in isn't requiring as new a FreeType
>    as it needs
>
> or
>
>  - it is requiring a sufficiently new FreeType, but you have
>    multiple versions of FreeType versions and configure is
>    finding one but compilation is against another.
>
> Not sure without investigating when FT_LOAD_TARGET_MONO was
> added.
>
> Regards,
> 						Owen

Err, I believe the second option is correct. Running debian, I figured it'd be installed for X and
related
tools, sure enough dselect shows it. But me being quite naive, decided to tell dselect to remove it, and
there goes dpkg removing all my X related tools :/. Package managers can realy get on my nerves
sometimes,
and being new to debian doesn't help. I'll have to read up on dpkg/apt/dselect and whatnot to get a
better idea of how to remove a library without removing everything that depends on it. Once that happens,
i'll let you know how things go. Surely you are correct and I appreciate the response.

--Xzziroz

--
xzziroz sdf lonestar org