Re: postscript fonts vs. pango aliases

I understand what you are saying, I've been digging into gnome-print and I get it. The reason why I'm hesitant of doing it this way is: my code is more primitve and basic, but simpler; and the main point, I understand that pango cannot render symbol fonts (yes, it's a font problem and not a pango problem), and symbols are crucial to a scientiffic application like mine.

So my idea was, if tha urw-fonts package in the gimp repository includes the 35 basic Adobe fonts, I should't have problems using them. But for some reason, after installing them, I can display them using xfontsel, but not with gnome-print or pango. Why is that?

I am planning to take a look at ggv now, but I'm not sure this is a good idea.
Thank you for any advice,
<ADRIAN>