Re: Numeric shaping in Pango

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 20:59, Lina Kemmel wrote:
> What's the current status of numeric shaping in pango? I'm mostly
> interested in ability to convert European digits to western/eastern
> Arabic-Indic ones.

That is not done in Pango, but in glibc. Read 'man 3 printf', and search
for 'glibc' there:

glibc 2.2 adds one further flag character.

I      For decimal integer conversion (i, d, u)  the  output  uses  the
       locale’s  alternative output digits, if any (for example, Arabic
       digits).  However, it does not include  any  locale  definitions
       with such outdigits defined.

Although the information is a little outdated, and the 'fa_IR' locale
*does* include outdigit definitions.

roozbeh