Re: failing to get PangoContext

Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote at Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:28:57 -0500:
> On 20 Oct 2003, Tony Graham wrote:
> > Add:
> >
> > g_type_init();
> >
> > before you do anything with GObject or any library that uses
> > GObjects.  In your case, add it before you call any Pango functions.
> So this is all you need to do to use Pango?  In Dia, we've been wanting to
> have the possibility of an X-less conversion option, but I was unsure how
> to  use Pango without calling gtk_init first.  Excellent?

See, for example, pangoft2topgm.c in the examples directory of recent
Pango releases.

Now I'm confused.  What is an "X-less conversion option"?

Regards,

Tony Graham
XML Technology Center - Dublin
Sun Microsystems Ireland Ltd                       Phone: +353 1 8199708
Hamilton House, East Point Business Park, Dublin 3            x(70)19708