Re: Unexpected font rendering with pango

Kaixo!

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:16:31PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that the Stephan is not using fontconfig/Xft. You'd

probably.

> > one, and taken from a traditional chinese font; imho in such case
> > pango should continue with the same font as long as possible, instead of
> > switching to the default one for the next (for every?) character (that

> Unfortunately, you can't autodetect traditional vs. modern Chinese, so

I idn't mean that.
I meant, if a char "X" is searched in first font, and not found there
then found in the second font; then, when displaying the second char "Y",
first look at the last used font (the second) instead of looking again
at the first, then second.

If the search was done like that for CJK (only for CJK, as for latin, greek,
and cyrillic it won't be desirable) then a text will be properly displayed
in most cases; at worst only the few chars at the begining of the text
will be in a different style; not a mixed style in all the document.

In the particular case shown in the examples, it would have given a correct
display, that is the same display that in the chinese locale.

Is such behaviour doable ?
It would be a big improvement imho.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]