Re: [Silgraphite-devel] Re: Pango and SILGraphite was Re: Possible Pango 1.4 ideas

Owen:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The place where I would hope you could insert Graphite is at the
level of converting:

Font + Character string  =>  Glyph string

This is the:

 void (*script_shape) (PangoFont        *font,
			const char       *text,
			int               length,
			PangoAnalysis    *analysis,
			PangoGlyphString *glyphs);

The ones I was referring to in my earlier mail are public and
supported API; the Pango interfaces comprise about 5 pieces:

1) Public high-level API (PangoLayout)
2) Public low-level API  (What is used to implement PangoLayout)
3) Shape-engine only API (What, e.g., the arabic-xft shaper uses)
4) Backend-only API      (What is used to implement libpangoxft)
5) Internal Pango API

Headers are installed for 1-4), but 3) and 4) have lower levels
of compatibility degrees, and you need special #defines to use them.

(PANGO_ENABLE_ENGINE, PANGO_ENABLE_BACKEND)

So.... which pieces (1-5) is (*script_shape) ?

Which header file(s) I should look into?

Does pango hard code the range of unicode it can support ? or depend on the TTF 'cmap' now? (in  mozilla, we switch font depend on the 'cmap' value [erik/bstell  also did some trick to skip over some character claims to be there but not really there])