Re: [Silgraphite-devel] Re: Pango and SILGraphite was Re: Possible Pango 1.4 ideas

Thanks for your reply. It help

So... I put down the following model

Paragraph
segment of Paragraph (directional runs)
String (several words)
Character
Glyph

The high level pango api really deal with the first two levels right?
FreeType2 deal with Glyph (and optionally Character) level .
Xft deal with both String level, Character level and Glyph level.
How about GDK/GTK? does it api deal with Paragraph level only?

I think Graphite is really deal with Paragraph level. Althoguht I use it as the  String level with Project SILA (see http://sila.mozdev.org). That is really an incorrect use of Graphite. Too lazy to change the Mozilla arch now.....  (and I am officially not working for Gecko now.... after spend 4+ years on hacking GFX....)

I think ATSUI is also Paragraph level

Are those low level pango api really "internal private functions"? or they are still public function for upper level to call?