Re: Possible Pango 1.4 ideas

 > Hi,
>
> I noticed the discussions on gtk-devel about GTK+ 2.4 plans, so I
> wondered if we should try to get some better layout features into Pango
> for the next release. Quite a few people seem interested in using Pango
> for DTP or printing now!
[snip]

I got another request re: the shapers.  Does anyone think it would
be a _good_ _thing_ (tm) to remove all the GUI/render specific code
from the individual shapers by abstracting them out further, through
maybe a callback mechanism (for glyph fetch, index fetch, mapping request, etc)?
It would make porting the shapers easier, at least for me ;).

Regards.