Re: Possible Pango 1.4 ideas

Damon Chaplin <damon karuna uklinux net> writes:

> On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 19:34, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > It would of course be nice to see all these in Pango soon. But since
> > this is a large amount of work, and a lot of people seem to be
> > interested in it, wouldn't it be better to develop it on a branch in cvs
> > rather than to promise that a giant patch will arrive in 5 months ?
>
> I'm afraid cvs access is very awkward for me at present - my PCMCIA
> modem drops the connection if I upload files > ~10K for some reason.
> I can work around it but don't want to do that regularly.
>
> But I'll make patches available as I complete new features, starting
> with a patch to do H&J some time in the next month or so.

(Will comment on the particular feature list when I find time
this weekend)

I think it's great that you want to work on this stuff.

Committing stuff to CVS is really the easiest part for me; the harder
part is finding time for reviewing patches and new API.

So, I really don't care if you are using CVS or not.  What, I would
like to see is:

 - Detailed API proposals in advance
 - Changes split up as much as possible