Re: Possible Pango 1.4 ideas

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 17:24, Amaury Jacquot wrote:

> If you could add the writing of text on a rotated base line
> (unless that is included in Runarounds/shaped text boxes),
> I would be grateful

That was next on my list, but I had to draw the line somewhere.
Also, drawing text on paths may require a dependency on libart or
something similar to provide a bezier path datatype and do the
calculations. (Maybe that is simple enough to do internally in Pango -
I'm not sure.)

But I think you could still do text on a path within an application.
You could translate the coordinates returned by Pango and render the
text yourself.

Damon