Thai IM Awareness

Hello,

Having moved to and fro in GNOME bugs for a while, I'd like to give a
summarized picture for Thai input method in GTK+.

GTK+ IM Modules
- imxim (bug #101814):
  1) (unclear) problem with Preedit style and Status style, which
     prevents Thai XIM to be properly openned, but this may be my own
     confusion, though
  2) add String Conversion Callback support through retrieve_surrounding
     and delete_surrounding signals
- imthai (bug #81031):
  - add imthai context-sensitive input method, with sequence correction,
    through retrieve_surrounding and delete_surrounding signals

GTK+ Applications
- retrieve_surrounding and delete_surrounding signals handling will make
  a GTK+ application smooth for Thai input. At present, GTK+ text entry
  widgets already support this, but some other GTK+ applications are
  asked to handle the signals, for example, Gnumeric (bug #84062).
  So, other GTK+ application developers please also aware of this
  requirement. Thanks.

-Thep.
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan