RTL layout and such ...

Hello Everyone,

I am finally back at the RTL thing after an eight month hiatus.
Anyhow, you can understand I am rather rusty.

Concerning rendering text.  Suppose one was drawing a page of RTL text, and
the text area to render into was a large "L" shape on the target
device.  Now, would one expect this to be two text areas, one for
the vertical length of the "L", and one for the horizontal length
of the "L", or would one expect it to be one large "L" shape target
text area?  Can Pango represent the "L" shape somehow, definately
not a rectangle!

There are benefits to both, the two area one may be easier to figure
out, but has the danger of having possible white space between the
two areas, but the large one area would seem to be more complex
to navigate.

If this sounds like rubbish, please let me know, otherwise
any comments appreciated.

Regards.