Re: Features needed for high-end DTP apps

(Sorry for the delay. I lost my Internet connection and all email for a
few weeks.)

Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> Just joining in on this discussion from a 2 months ago: does Pango
> present a "paragraph" type structure to clients? If so is that where
> something like "smallcap first line" or "smallcap first word" would
go?

PangoLayout does the layout of 1 (or possibly multiple) paragraphs. I'd
guess we'd add an option here. It already has typical paragraph settings
like alignment and first-line indentation.

> I'll keep reading through the archives for now - I just joined an hour
> ago and have been doing some scouring. Last night I got inspired on
the
> DTP thing to the point of listing the various views, basic objects
> needed, things like layers that didn't exist when I used Pagemaker,
etc.
> If suitable I'll type it up and post it.

I'd be interested if you want to send me your ideas. But I'm not sure it
is relevant to this list, so we probably shouldn't have lengthy
discussions about it here.

Damon