Re: gnome 2.0 and hebrew

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, Sirotkin, Alexander wrote:

> Hebrew support in Gnome 2.0 (RH 8.0) seems to be broken.
>
> I added hebrew to the keyboard layout switcher it did
> not work - not hebrew input, just english.

"Hebrew" gives you the "Israely" keyboard, which is an English-Hebrew
layout. By pressing the holding the right-alt key pressed the keyboard
will emit Hebrew keys. You can pobably fine-tune the layout.

XFree 4.3 gives the keyboard switchers better ontrol of the keyboard
layout (in a sane manner).

See also http://jem.ascender.com/eitan/ for detailed instructions

--
Tzafrir Cohen