Re: Guidelines of a Logical UI for Editing BiDi texts
- From: Jonathan Ben Avraham <benavrhm tkos co il>
- To: Ivrix Discussions <ivrix-discuss ivrix org il>
- Cc: gtk-i18n-list gnome org, <matial il ibm com>
- Subject: Re: Guidelines of a Logical UI for Editing BiDi texts
- Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 09:48:28 +0300 (IDT)
This URL seems to time out. Is this a transient problem?
On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> Matitiahu Allouche of IBM Israel <matial il ibm com> has kindly sent
> me the draft israeli standard document on the subject:
> Guidelines of a Logical User Interface for Editing Bidirectional Text
> I have put his document on my web site at:
> Mati would be very interested in getting feedback that may affect the
> standards draft (it has not been passed yet).
> But it is also interesting to note how the BiDi support in gtk matches
> the description of the draft standard. It appears that the major obstacle
> is one that has been discussed in this list in the past. Namely the
> automatic switching of the keyboard layout as a result of motion of the
> cursor over the different directional runs of the text.
> Ivrix-discuss list. See http://ivrix.org.il.
> To unsubscribe, please send mail to majordomo ivrix org il with only the
> following line in the message body (NOT SUBJECT!): unsubscribe ivrix-discuss
EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5 83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA ~. .~ Tk Open Systems
- benavrhm tkos co il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -
] [Thread Prev