Re: Widget's RTL specific behavior

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 05:05:15PM +0200, Semion Chichelnitsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently I am new in gtk. Can somebody help me and prompt, where can I
> find something concrete about locale(RTL)-specific behavior of widgets and
> containers/layouts?

The "RTL behaviour" of gtk is implemented in two areas. One is in the
layout of the widgets. E.g. in a RTL locale the horizontal box widgets
start their packing on the right hand side instead of the left hand side.
This causes in effect the widget layout to be mirrored. The second level
is the default direction of the entry and the textview widgets.

Aside from the locale the widgets layouts and default text direction may
be set by using the gtk resource file mechanism.

> If changing of TextDirection is the only way to change this behavior?

This question isn't clear.

> Thanks in advance,
> Semion

Hope this helps,