Re: [Fonts]Re: Notes on Pango Xft backend

Around 14 o'clock on May 28, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Hmmm, well;; with ~460 fonts the timing is:
>
>  FcFontSetMatch: ~2 ms
>  FcFontSetSort:  ~10 ms

I've made FcFontSetSort about 3 times faster by restructuring the charset
manipulations.  I'll have to think whether I can make them go a lot
faster, but that may require some significant datastructure changes.

I'd dislike moving to bdds, but I'll consider them if we really need this
to go any faster.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab