Re: Query about Xft2 and Pango, GDK dependency.
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Zenith Lau <zenithlau sniic com>
- Cc: XFree86 Fonts Mailing List <fonts XFree86 Org>, GTK-I18N Mailing List <gtk-i18n-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Query about Xft2 and Pango, GDK dependency.
- Date: 27 Jul 2002 12:55:01 -0400
Zenith Lau <zenithlau sniic com> writes:
> When configuring and compiling fontconfig, I find that, I
> can't control the configure script to install the pkgconfig
> file (.pc) to /usr/lib/pkgconfig, while install others under
> /usr/X11R6 .. and finally I just manually put the
> fontconfig.pc into where I want. It is a fact or a convention
> that, we should install the .pc file with same libprefix as
> other so files within the same package ? Or, I can config it
> via some means, or anything else ??
Normally you would set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include all places that you
have installed .pc files. See "man pkg-config"
> When I run configure in pango, it haven't detect anything
> about fontconfig. It also doesn't detect the freetype, and Xft
> header correctly. I am totally stalled on it... any idea to
> solve it??
Note that you need CVS pango to use fontconfig/Xft2, if you don't have
it. The 2.0.x tarballs won't work AFAIK.
] [Thread Prev