Re: signal handlers in modules

Choe Hwanjin <krisna kldp org> writes:

> I'm making gtk input module for korean.
> In that module, I launch new dialog that has many buttons.
> I read gtkimcontextxim.c. In this code, Owen explicitly
> dissconnected signal handlers.
> Should I dissconnect all the signal handlers explicitly
> or simply destroying the dialog is enough?

The reason that signal handlers are disconnected explicitely in this
function is that the signal handlers are not on the status window,
but on the the toplevel window, which is not being destroyed.

When you destroy a widget, all signal handlers for that
widget are automatically disconnected. You don't need
to disconnect them yourself.