Re: Documentation on creating a Pango module

On Wed Jan 23, 2002 at 07:39:58PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
:
: Unfortunately, there is no documentation on writing modules. :-(.
:
: I would expect Syriac modules to follow the pattern of Arabic fairly
: closely, but certainly the Arabic modules are by no means the simplest
: code.
:
: The Thai module was originally written to be a nice simple example,
: but then people actually fixed it to be useable for displaying Thai...
:
: If you have particular questions, I'd be more than happy to answer
: them on this list.

Hi Owen,

Looking through the various modules, I see that most of the languages
have two sets of files - e.g. hebrew-x.c and hebrew-xft.c

I'm guessing that the Xft named file incorporates XFree86's Xft subsystem
for providing font information to the client into its core, but what then
is the function of the other file? Is it for those systems that are not using
Xft?

Do you recommend coding for both sets or just Xft?

Thanks,
Emil