Re: devanagari font

I've done most of the work needed to display OpenType Indic in Pango. I hope to be able to submit it soon; we're waiting for the company lawyers to sign off first...

Eric Mader
IBM GCoC - San José
5600 Cottle Rd.  MS 50-2/B11
San Jose, CA 95193

At 06:34 AM 2/12/2002, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 02:14:36AM -0800, Keyur Shroff wrote:
> --- Joshua N Pritikin <vishnu pobox com> wrote:
> > Can i configure pango to use the OpenType devanagari font
> > from indix?
> >
> >   http://rohini.ncst.ernet.in/indix/download/font/
>
> Sure. You can. :)

Do you mean: i should volunteer?  ;-)

> Please note that we are regularly updating the font as and
> when we get feedback. Feel free to give your feedback to
> us.

Well, it's a beautiful font.  One thing that is probably totally
impractical is that i wish the loop of the velanti (short e and
long ee) would change width to adapt to the exact pixel width
of the syllable.  Is that possible with OpenFont technology?  ;-)

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org