Pango-1.0.1

I have been working on installing Gtk-2.0.1 and have had some problems
getting Pango to compile. The error occurs during a part in which it is
including some header files from QT. I have read the documentation and
it says that you need QT 2, I have QT 3.0.3, so I am assuming that my
version of QT is too new. Does anyone else think that it might be
something else. If the version of QT is the problem does anyone know if
this issue is being addressed for a future version of Pango?