Re: Flipping for scrolled windows

Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir technion ac il> writes:

> > > Those who loved NextStep know the only sane place for the scroll bar is
> > > on the left - or at the bottom for vertical CJK :)
>
> What is the reason for the scroll-bar to be on the left?

Straying off-topic, the reason to prefer the placement of the
scrollbar on the left (especially for terminal windows and the like),
is if I have two overlapped windows:

 +-------------------+
 | $                 |
 | $ ls  +---------------+
 | asdf  |               |
 # asfass|               |
 # asdfdd|               |
 #       #               |
 #       #               |
 #       #               |
 #       #               |
 |       #               |
 |       #               |

I don't have to choose betwen seeing the scrollbar or the beginning
of the lines on the window beneath. The beginning of the line is
usually vastly more sigificant than then end of the line.

If you have:

 a) click to focus
 b) multiple scrollbars within one window

Then this doesn't matter so much.