Re: International characters in GTK 1.2.10?

Daniel Åborg <tjost ctrl-c liu se> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I've been trying to display international characters (ISO-8859-1 ones,
> to be specific) in GTK widgets (using gtkmm), with no luck
> whatsoever. I can't find a single shred of documentation about how to
> do this.

Most likely you just need to set your locale to something other
than "C". (The charset for the default "C" locale is ASCII.)
Either:

 LANG=sv_SE; export LANG

or:

 LANG=en_US; export LANG

Should work depending on your taste.

The other thing you need to do is call gtk_set_locale() (or
it's gtkmm equivalent) before calling gtk_init().