xftt and truetype fonts

I was playing around with the testtext widget and with its interaction
with Hebrew. One thing that I couldn't get to work was to display the
Hebrew accents (nikud) from the Microsoft truetype font Tahoma.  I
realized that it is because the X trutype server server chops up the
font into iso8859-* pieces and there is no mapping for the Hebrew
accents in the iso8859-* glyph space. Is there anyway to work around
this limitation? Isn't it possible for the font server to provide a
10646 mapping for the font?

Regards,
Dov