Re: PANGO arabic fails to display

Hi Brendan,

I haven't tried arabic on Pango for a while.
To use Solaris arabic fonts in Pango, we need to add "Arabic font name"
to <GNOME>/etc/pango/pangox.aliases.

Ex:

sans normal normal normal normal "....\
				  ....\
-monotype-shayyal-medium-r-normal--*-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-6,\
				  ...."

Also, don't forget to run login CDE/GNOME under en_US.UTF-8 locale
because all those fonts required will be set to the font path.

Chookij V.