Re: Updated Hebrew Pango engine: GNOME CVS: pango chookij

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 01:16:18PM -0700, Chookij Vanatham wrote:

> Hi Dov,
>
> No, I don't mind the shape table name changed but usually, iso_8859_8
> doesn't include any hebrew punctuation marks. That's the reason why I use
> other name. I'll check more detail later.

Actually, that's why I changed the name as all entries but the Hebrew
letters were empty in the shaping table. I thought of adding entries
for the Hebrew standard SI 1311-1 as described in
http://www.qsm.co.il/NewHebrew/ab1.htm . But since no font is currently
using it, and if creating new fonts it makes a lot more sense to use
iso-10646, I guess there is no point.

I made some additional changes to the shaper last night, and I hope to
send them to the list tonight.

Something else, a question that has been on my mind for a while. What
is the relation if any of pango to printing? Are the FreeType modules
going to be used for that?

Regards,
Dov

--
                                                                    ___
Dov Grobgeld                        | Email: dov orbotech com      /+  \  PCB