Re: PANGO and Xft

Ok,
    I got half of the answer myself.I did  export GDK _USE_XFT=1 to get
Gtk
use Pango + Xft.But still I don't get how to get Pango to load the Face
corresponding to my Tamil TTF font.So what I did was to remove all other
fonts from Xftconfig and keep only the tamil font And then I got Tamil
alright but obviously the other glyphs were missing.Anyway I made some
progress and here's a screenshot with Pango hacked to load the XFtFont
at
twice the size only for the screenshot to look nice.

http://vikram1024.tripod.com/aa.png

No marks for guessing which window uses antialiasing.