Re: [gnome-print] Re: Pango and gnome-print different world view of font files

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 12:31:15PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> [stuff deleted]
>
> If the gnome-print people don't make sure that fontmatch meets
> there needs, and don't migrate to it when it is done, well,
> that will be a serious missed opportunity for GNOME.

It appears to me that gnome-print must go further than just being
compatible with the fonts, but must also use the ft2 renders in order
to get the glyph list with kerning information. Otherwise all the
efforts being put into the rendering modules will not be available
when printing.

Or did I miss something?

Dov