Re: OpenType Indic Support

At 09:05 PM 12/19/2001, Keyur Shroff wrote:
Hello,

--- Eric Mader <mader jtcsv com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got an OpenType based Indic shaper that I'm working
> on porting to Pango.

We also have an Indic shaper based on FreeType library. We
have modified X Window system (changes will be submitted to
X Consortium very soon) so that most of the existing
applications on Linux platform can render Indic text
_properly_. So far we haven't seen any serious side effect
by the changes.

Please visit
  http://rohini.ncst.ernet.in/indix

Yes. This is very impressive! Putting the shapers right into X is a very interesting idea... I wonder if we should put *all* the shapers in at that level?

Regards,
Keyur

Keyur Shroff

Staff Scientist