OpenType Indic Support

Hello,

I've got an OpenType based Indic shaper that I'm working on porting to Pango. It's a single piece of code that's driven by a script-specific table. Ideally, I'd like to have a single script_shape routine that's called with the address of the table as a parameter, but it doesn't look like there's any way to do that since the PangoEngine isn't a parameter to the script_shape routine, and there's no provision for a client-specific data pointer.

So, I'm guessing that the best I can can do is to make a bunch of short script_shape routines that call the main routine with the right table address. Have I missed something, or is this the best I can do?

Also, I'm a little unclear on what the different types of shapers are. I assume that mine should be an "xft" shaper like the Arabic one. Can someone give me a pointer for where to look to hook in my new shaper?

Thanks,
Eric Mader
IBM GCoC - San José
5600 Cottle Rd. M/S 50-2/B11