Re: WRAP_WORD with CJK

Hi,

>I'd say not. In some sense, WRAP_WORD should correspond to the default
>way of wrapping in any language. To my understanding, this is, for
>Japanese, to allow breaks everywhere except where explicitely prohibited.
>
>Otherwise, programs would have to be localized to specially enable
>WRAP_CHAR for CJK locales, and WRAP_WORD for other locals, and most
>programs would not get this right.
>
>Also, how would you know that (bar) should be wrapped as a single
>unit, but (this is a very long japanese text) should be broken?

I thought that one japanese word can be wrapped as a single unit
in WRAP_WORD mode when it is enclosed with left and right corner
brackets(\u300c and \u300d) or other brackets, but I'm now starting
to think that it is not really correct for every apps and users.

It may be interesting if we can support different word wrap styles -
like the ones defined in O'Reilly CJKV book - and make it selectable by
apps and users. It may be possible to give the style to specific region,
not only to entire text buffer. But, it is certainly not a bug for now.

Regards,
Toshi