Re: Hebrew Cantillation Marks in Pango Hebrew Engine

I thought about it, and I think that it is possible. Basically
it would mean dividing all marks into either upper or lower marks
and then layout side by side the bounding box of the upper and the
lower marks for each characters. The center of the side-by side
bounding boxes would then be placed above or below either the
middle or the right of the base character.

Of course this would not take care of collisions between marks
of neighboring characters, but I think it would be more than enough
for screen display.

About fonts, the cantillation marks are not part of any widely
used encoding, though there are some MS fonts that uses non-standard
encodings that use them.

Regards,
Dov